Sunday, August 2, 2009

Christmas Lights

I've started Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt called "Christmas Lights", featured in Quiltmaker Magazine. Step #1 is finished, and I couldn't resist doing at least one block each from Step #2, from the hint given here:


I'll be getting the actual magazine soon to see the entire step #2.


I've shown my version below. Everything came from my stash, and it's very scrappy.


I absolutely love Bonnie Hunter's quilts, and you can see most of them on her website: http://www.quiltville.com/. Bonnie is very creative and generous, and offers dozens of quilt patterns for free on her website. If you love scrappy or traditional quilts, and you haven't discovered Bonnie's site yet, you are in for a real treat. I only wish I had the time to make all her patterns!

I haven't listed all my UFOs on the side like I've seen on other blogs. Honestly I don't think there would be enough room for that! I may choose about 15 or so to list, but I'll have to figure out how to do that first. I also want to figure out how to post my signature in a script-like form.

Louise

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Just discovered your blog and enjoyed it very much. The information on your trip and your ancestors was especially interesting. Love your blocks, and just wanted to let you know that I got my signature here:
    http://mylivesignature.com/
    I don't remember too much about how I did it, but that was the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures of your Christmas Lights-in-progress. I haven't begun yet!

    I enjoyed your family stories and photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will love to watch your progress on the Christmas Lights. I love Bonnie's mystery quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting on my Pieces of the Past blog. I see that you are new to blogging. You are really going to enjoy doing this. Your pictures - both quilting and the old family photos - are lovely. As I look at all the old images of my family, I wonder where they were going, what were they thinking, etc. It was such a different world back then. Enjoy! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love your progress on the mystery quilt, I still have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete