Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Carolina Christmas, step #1 and #2



I've been working on Bonnie's Carolina Christmas. I'm using light neutrals where Bonnie is using gold and I got brave (or impulsive), and decided on using red as my background. I love the look of antique quilts that have a red background, and that's my inspiration. Once I got going, I didn't see much contrast between the red and the green, but as the smaller units turned into bigger units, the look of the subtle contrast grew on me. I'm really curious how this will turn out! I'm using green for Bonnie's green, and blue for Bonnie's red. The photo shows step #1 and the finished product of step #2.
Well, more sewing to do to get ready for step #3!
Louise

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful!
    I like how you switched up the colour placement. I
    t will be fun to see how your quilt turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This is going to be beautiful and I
    can't wait to see the final look. Those plaids are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of red and I can't wait to see how your take on the colours will turn out. The units look great so far :)

    ReplyDelete