Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hurricane Sandy blocks


While blog surfing, I came across an opportunity to contribute to quilts for Hurricane Sandy victims.  I've made some Disappearing 4-patch blocks and will be mailing them to a young woman who is making the actually quilts.

These have been fun to make and are perfect for using up large scraps.  With just a few cuts and twists, I've turned these large 4-patch blocks............

into these cool blocks..............

 
The method is explained here.  

I've made 10 blocks to mail off, shown here all together.

I really enjoyed making these and plan on using this pattern for local donation quilts.

I've also decided to jump into Bonnie Hunter's new online mystery quilt, Easy Street, which starts next week.   I plan on using black, red, blue, gold (for the constant) and light prints. 

With my vast UFO collection, do I need to add another one?  No...but it's so much fun and will use up scraps! 


                                                                                                     Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment