Saturday, February 5, 2011

One UFO done!

This is my first completed UFO this year...a disappearing 9-patch. (The streak on the corner is sunlight.) These is a fun pattern to make, and each one I've seen is different from the rest of the pack!
The back is scrappy, all different purples. I especially love the busy purple animal print - it really makes me smile. I found it at a thrift store & it's possibly from the 1970's or 1980's. (click on photo to see close-up)
This one will be a donation quilt, so I hope it finds its way to some child who really loves purple!

It may sound ambitious, but my UFO goal is 3 completed quilts each month. Many, many of my UFOs are already quilt tops, so most of my work is already done. I am drowning in UFOs so it's time to really start chipping away!

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment