Friday, June 3, 2011

Quiltmaker mystery - step #1

Despite my large repertoire of UFOs, I succumbed to temptation and started another one! It's the Mystery Quilt in the May/June 2011 Quiltmaker magazine, designed by Debbie Caffrey. The good thing is that the fabric is all from my stash, so I didn't have to buy more! Some of this fabric is very well aged!

These are the fabrics I'm using - all purples & greens.




Here are the finished blocks from step #1. So far, it's an easy quilt & I like the way the colors are playing together.
A few years back I let all my quilt magazine subscriptions expire. I just had too many & all the patterns started looking alike. I like this magazine, though, so I may end up subscribing, especially now that Bonnie Hunter, one of my favorite quilt celebrities, is a contributor.

Louise

2 comments:

  1. Louise, I saw your comment on Quiltville Chat. I'm the host for the Mystery Quilt-Along Online. Your fabrics are really nice. You should see everyone else's choices buy joining the Quilt-Along at QCA. It's FREE! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've chosen. I've got some fabrics set aside to try this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete