Monday, June 27, 2011

Quiltmaker mystery, step #2

I finished this step today, in the current Quiltmaker magazine. It involves making 48 of these little blocks:

The instructions are to either use the template in the magazine, or to paper piece. I wasn't looking forward to doing either!
I remembered that I had these nifty tri-recs tools & found that they worked great! Why didn't the magazine recommend these rulers??!!



Here is the 2nd part of step #2 - 17 & 14 of these blocks. I'm thinking maybe they're for some kind of border? The dark is really a dark purple.



This is how all the blocks look together. I can't imagine what the result will be. There are still 4 more fabrics that haven't been used yet.


I have to admit that when I make mystery quilts, I never use fabric that I am really in love with. That way, if I don't like the design I haven't "wasted" any fabric. These purples look pretty together, but they are older fabrics and I'm happy to use them up!

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment